Frequently Asked Questions
Questions Regarding Fare
- How much is the fare?
- The Tokyo Shitamachi Bus can be used in the same manner as other Toei Buses operating in the 23 wards of Tokyo. Fares are 200 yen for adults and 100 yen for children, and one day pass is sold for 500 yen. Please pay the fare as you board the bus. Only coins or 1,000-yen notes can be used on the bus.
- What kind of tickets can be used?
- The Tokyo Shitamachi Bus can be used in the same manner as other Toei Buses operating in the 23 wards of Tokyo. Also note that silver passes and various free ride passes (certificates) issued in Tokyo can be used. IC cards can also be used.
Questions Regarding How to Use Buses
Questions Regarding the Bus Service
- How often do the buses run?
- Buses run about 20 minute intervals between Ueno Matsuzakaya and Kinshicho Station. To see the timetable, click here.
- Do the buses run on Saturdays and Sundays? What about during the New Years holidays?
- Buses also operate on Saturdays and Sundays. Buses may operate according to a holiday timetable, cease operating, or operate on a detoured route during the New Years holidays or due to various traffic restrictions (due to festivals, fireworks displays, etc.).
- How long does the route take from start to finish?
- The route between Ueno Matsuzakaya and Kinshicho Station takes approximately 30 minutes, and the route between Tokyo Station Marunouchi North Exit and Kinshicho Station takes approximately 50 minutes, but may vary due to traffic conditions.
- Is there a tour guide on board?
- There is no tour guide aboard the bus. Also note that the bus does not make stops at tour facilities, etc.
- Do the drivers speak any foreign languages?
- The bus drivers do not speak any foreign languages. However, please note that information provided on monitors and in pamphlets inside the bus is available in multiple languages (Japanese, English, Chinese [Simplified and Traditional], Korean).
- Where can I get pamphlets?
- Pamphlets are distributed aboard fixed-route sightseeing buses, at Toei Bus offices and branch offices, and elsewhere.