Opening a Tourist Information Center at Ueno-okachimachi Station on the Oedo Line.
Opens Saturday March 10, 2018!
The Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Transportation (hereinafter "Bureau of Transportation") is announcing that they will open a Tourist Information Center within Ueno-okachimachi Station on the Oedo Line, which is used by many foreign visitors, so that visitors to Tokyo from around the world may enjoy a pleasant experience while sightseeing, in anticipation of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics to be held in 2 years' time.
Staff who speak English and Chinese will be permanently assigned to the Tourist Information Center, and they will give guidance and distribute all kinds of guidebooks pertaining to facilities near the station, on how to use the subway and other transportation facilities, and tourism information to travelers.
In addition to selling the Plan Tickets for travelers, the Tokyo Subway Ticket and Greater Tokyo Pass to foreigners visiting Japan, they will begin to offer the new Baggage Delivery Service.
The following is a summary of the Tourist Information Center:
Saturday March 10, 2018
08:00 to 20:00 (every day, all year-around)
- *From 10:00 to 20:00 only on the opening day described above
Oedo Line, Ueno-okachimachi Station, site of former train pass sales office
(Go out of the exit for the JR Okachimachi Station and turn right. In front of Exit A6)
Description of services
- Provide all kinds of information in multiple languages (Tourism information on facilities near the station, on how to use the subway and other transportation facilities, how to buy tickets, etc)
- Sales of tickets (Plan Tickets and travel passes such as Tokyo Subway Ticket (*1), Greater Tokyo Pass (*2))
- Baggage delivery service (*3)
- Sales of travel passes
*1 Tokyo Subway Ticket
- Types of ticket and prices
- Tokyo Subway 24-hour Ticket (Ticket is effective for 24 hours from the time it is first used) Adult: ¥800, child: ¥400
- Tokyo Subway 48-hour Ticket (Ticket is effective for 48 hours from the time it is first used) Adult: ¥1,200, child: ¥600
- Tokyo Subway 72-hour Ticket (Ticket is effective for 72 hours from the time it is first used) Adult: ¥1,500, child: ¥750
- Permitted usage area
All Toei Transportation lines and all Tokyo Metro lines
- Purchase eligibility
Foreigners visiting Japan * Please allow us to confirm that you are a foreigner visiting Japan by your passport or other document.
*2 Greater Tokyo Pass (Sales planned to start Sunday April 1, 2018)
This is a Plan Ticket for foreigners visiting Japan that allows unlimited use of trains of 12 railway companies in the Kanto area, and of buses of 52 companies in Tokyo and the 3 surrounding prefectures.
Please see the Bureau of Transportation's homepage for more details.
*3 Baggage Delivery Service (planned to start Sunday April 1, 2018)
Hours of operation: 08:00 to 17:00
Delivery service: Provided by Yamato Transport, TA-Q-BIN. (Cool TA-Q-BIN, Ski TA-Q-BIN, Golf TA-Q-BIN services are not provided)
Toei Transportation Customer Center: 03-3816-5700 (From 9:00 to 20:00, seven days a week, year-round)