Greater Tokyo Pass Council
Greater Tokyo Pass, special bus and train pass for international visitors, now even more convenient!
Greater Tokyo Pass now issued on PASMO PASSPORT rechargeable smart cards
More convenient and more fun -- bus and train smart cards in original designs featuring a whole cast of popular Sanrio characters!
The Greater Tokyo Pass Council, with 47 Kanto railway and bus company members, introduces the Greater Tokyo Pass stored on the PASMO PASSPORT smart card. This pass is a special ticket for international visitors to Japan giving the user unlimited rides for three days on railways, streetcars and ordinary fixed-route buses within the permitted area of use. From April 1 (Wed), 2020, the Greater Tokyo Pass will be sold stored on PASMO PASSPORT smart cards for international visitors to Japan on short stays.
The Greater Tokyo Pass has been issued only as a paper ticket up until now. By selling the pass on a rechargeable smart card, passengers will be able to automatically pay for tickets on bus and train lines not covered by the Greater Tokyo Pass using the cash value balance on the smart card. In addition to bus and train fares, the balance on the smart card can also be used as electronic money to pay for purchases at stores and other venues. Having all of these services on a single card will make the visitors' stay in Japan even easier and more convenient.
With so many international visitors expected in Japan this summer, the smart card Greater Tokyo Pass will reduce the lines at staffed ticket gates by allowing passengers to pass through automatic ticket gates at stations. The aim is to make travel more convenient for visitors and to relieve congestion at train stations.
The Greater Tokyo Pass Council will continue to strive in the future to make it possible for international visitors to Japan to more comfortably enjoy their trips in the Kanto area.
See the following pages for an overview of this change in format.
Greater Tokyo Pass on Rechargeable Smart Card
1. Launch date
April 1 (Wed), 2020
2. Change in format
The Greater Tokyo Pass, which was previously issued as a paper ticket, will now be sold on a PASMO PASSPORT rechargeable smart card for international visitors to Japan.
- * Paper tickets will no longer be issued.
- *The Greater Tokyo Pass cannot be stored on rechargeable smart cards other than the PASMO PASSPORT.
Adults 7,200 yen, Children 3,600 yen (includes tax)
- * In addition to the pass price, a 500-yen service fee (includes tax) will be charged separately for issuing the PASMO PASSPORT.
Note that some companies require a minimum 1,500 yen cash balance to be stored on the card at the time of purchase.
International visitors to Japan only
(1) Greater Tokyo Pass/PASMO PASSPORT set
Sold at the locations listed below only upon presentation of a passport to verify the purchaser is an international visitor. Note that when purchasing at certain locations purchasers may select "same day" or "following day" as the first day of use at the time of purchase. Purchasers who already have a PASMO PASSPORT may purchase the Greater Tokyo Pass only.
|Tokyo 23 Cities||Akasaka-mitsuke Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Iidabashi Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Ikebukuro Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office (Marunouchi Line / Yurakucho Line)|
|Ueno Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Ueno-okachimachi Sta.||Toei Subway||Tourist Information Center|
|Ebisu Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Otemachi Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Ginza Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Shibuya Sta.||Tokyu||Shibuya "CHIKAMICHI" General Information <WANDER COMPASS SHIBUYA>|
|Shin-ochanomizu Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Shinjuku Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Shimbashi Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Takadanobaba Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Tokyo Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Nihombashi Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Meiji-jingumae <Harajuku> Sta.||Tokyo Metro||Commuter Pass Office|
|Kanagawa Prefecture||Yokohama Sta.||Keikyu||Central Ticket Gate|
(2) Separate Greater Tokyo Pass
Purchasers who already have a PASMO PASSPORT may purchase the Greater Tokyo Pass separately at the locations listed below. (Presentation of a passport may be required to verify the purchaser is an international visitor.)
Note that when purchasing at certain locations, purchasers may select "same day" or "following day" as the first day of use at the time of purchase.
|Odakyu||Shinjuku Sta.||Odakyu Sightseeing Service Center Shinjuku West
Odakyu Sightseeing Service Center Shinjuku South
|Keio||Shinjuku Sta.||West Exit - Some ticket vending machines|
|Shibuya Sta.||Central Exit - Some ticket vending machines|
|Seibu||Ikebukuro Sta.||SEIBU Tourist Information Center IKEBUKURO|
|Seibu-Shinjuku Sta.||Limited Express ticket office|
|Toei Subway||Toei Subway Line stations (*)||Ticket vending machines
|Nippori and Toneri Liner stations||Some ticket vending machines|
|Tokyo Metro||Tokyo Metro Line stations (*)||Ticket vending machines
|Tobu||Asakusa Sta.||TOBU Tourist Information Center ASAKUSA|
|Ikebukuro Sta.||TOBU Tourist Information Center IKEBUKURO|
6. Permitted Area of Use
Railways and streetcars operated by 13 companies and ordinary fixed-route buses operated by 34 companies in Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba and Saitama
- *Please refer to Reference 1 and 2.
7. How to Use
Touch the card to reader on automatic ticket gate.
Streetcars / Ordinary fixed route buses
For lines requiring payment when disembarking, touch the card to the reader near the door when you embark and again touch the card to the reader near the fare box when you disembark.
For lines requiring payment when embarking, touch the card to the reader near the fare box when you embark.
- *Please note that some vehicles are not IC-compatible.
In this case, present the card and proof of purchase (in receipt form) to the driver.
- *Passenger may be required to present passport in order to verify identity.
Limited to before start of use and within the period of validity. The purchase amount minus a service charge (220 yen) will be refunded at the location where the ticket was purchased, only when presenting the PASMO PASSPORT and proof of purchase (receipt form of purchase certificate).
* PASMO is a registered trademark of Pasmo Co., Ltd.
Overview of "Greater Tokyo Pass" Permitted Usage
Railways and streetcars operated by 13 companies
All lines that are part of the Odakyu Line, Keio Line, Keisei Line(Note), Keikyu Line, Sotetsu Line, Seibu Line, Tokyu Line, Tokyo Metro Line, Toei Subway, Tokyo Sakura Tram (Toden Arakawa Line), Nippori-Toneri Liner, Tobu Line, Minatomirai Line, Yokohama Municipal Subway, and Yurikamome Line
- *Separate fares will be charged when using limited express trains requiring a fare, reserved seating trains, etc.
- Note:When including the Narita SKY ACCESS Line section (Keisei Takasago Sta. - Narita Airport Terminal 1 Sta.) on the Keisei Line, the ticket may only be used between the following stations:
- (1)Traveling from any station on the Keisei Line to Narita Yukawa Sta., Narita Airport Terminal 2･3 Sta. or Narita Airport Terminal 1 Sta. However, the pass does not cover travel to those stations from the Hokuso Line section between Keisei-Takasago Sta. and Inba Nihon-idai Sta.
- (2)Traveling among all stations between Inba Nihon-idai Sta. and NaritaYukawa Sta. or Narita Airport Terminal 2･3 Sta.
Ordinary fixed-route buses operated by 34 companies in Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, and Saitama.
Toei Bus, Tokyu Bus, Keio Dentetsu Bus, Kanto Bus, Seibu Bus, Kokusai Kogyo Bus, Odakyu Bus, Keihin kyuko Bus, Keisei Bus, Tobu Bus Central, Hitachi motor transportation, Keio Bus Higashi, Tokyu Transses, Keisei Town Bus, Keio Bus Minami, Keio Bus Chuo, Keio Bus Koganei, Yokohama Municipal Bus, Kanagawa Chuo Kotsu, Kawasaki City Bus, Sotetsu bus, Kanagawa Chuo Kotsu West, Kanagawa Chuo Kotsu East, Tobu Bus East, Bando Bus, Tokyo BayCity Koutsu, Chiba Kaihin Kotsu, Chiba City Bus, Tobu Bus West, Ibakyu Motor, Kawagoe Motor, Asahi Motor, Seibu Kanko Bus, Kokusai Juo
- *The ticket may not be used on restricted-seating capacity buses (highway express buses, airport access buses, regular tour buses, etc.), night express buses, local government community buses, or buses on joint-operation systems with non-participating companies.
Greater Tokyo Pass Coverage Area Map
About the Greater Tokyo Pass Council
1. Organization Name:
Greater Tokyo Pass Council
February 28, 2018
3. Council Chairman:
Kazunori Nakaoka (Managing Director, Senior General Manager, Railway Operations Headquarters, Keio Corporation)
4. Participating Companies:
Railway Companies (13)
- Odakyu Electric Railway Co., Ltd.
- Keikyu Corporation
- Tokyu Railways
- Tobu Railway Co., Ltd.
- Yurikamome Inc. (beginning April 1, 2020)
- Keio Corporation
- Sagami Railway Co., Ltd.
- Tokyo Metro Co., Ltd.
- Yokohama Minatomirai Railway Company.
- Keisei Electric Railway Co., Ltd.
- Seibu Railway Co., Ltd.
- Toei Transportation
- Transportation Bureau, City of Yokohama
Bus Companies (34)
- Toei Transportation
- KANTO Bus Co., Ltd.
- ODAKYU BUS Co., Ltd.
- TOBU BUS CENTRAL CO.,LTD.
- TOKYU TRANSSES CORPORATION
- Keio Bus Chuo Co., Ltd.
- Kanagawa Chuo Kotsu Co., Ltd.
- Kanagawa Chuo Kotsu West Co., Ltd.
- BANDO BUS Inc.
- ChibaCityBus Co., Ltd.
- Kawagoe motor corporation
- Kokusai Juo Co. Ltd
- TOKYU BUS CORPORATION
- SEIBU BUS Co., Ltd.
- Keihin Kyuko Bus Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Motor Transportation Co., Ltd.
- Keisei Town Bus Inc.
- Keio Bus Koganei Co., Ltd.
- Kawasaki City Bus
- Kanagawa Chuo Kotsu East Co., Ltd.
- Tokyo BayCity Koutsu Co., Ltd.
- TOBU BUS WEST CO., LTD.
- ASAHI Motor Corporation
- Keio Dentetsu Bus Co., Ltd.
- Kokusai Kogyo Company Limited
- Keisei Bus Co., Ltd.
- Keio Bus Higashi Co., Ltd.
- Keio Bus Minami Co., Ltd.
- Transportation Bureau, City of Yokohama
- Sotetsu Bus Co., Ltd.
- TOBU BUS EAST CO.,LTD.
- Chiba Kaihin Kotsu Co., Ltd.
- IBAKYU Motor Corporation
- SEIBU KANKO BUS Co., Ltd.