Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Transportation Basic Policy for the Protection of Personal Information
The Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Transportation (Hereinafter referred to as the “Bureau of Transportation.”), will handle the personal information of customers (referring to information relating to living individuals that can be used to identify an individual) as follows, based on the Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance on the Protection of Personal Information (Hereinafter referred to as the “ordinance.”), in order to protect the rights and interests of customers.
1. We will make the purpose clear when we gather personal information.
- We will clearly indicate the purpose for which personal information will be handled, and will collect it by legal and fair methods within the range necessary to achieve the purpose.
- We restrict the collection of personal information that has a strong possibility of being directly related to the infringement of an individual’s rights and interests, such as ideas and beliefs.
- As a rule, personal information is collected from the individual in question, and when there are exceptions to this, they will be clearly indicated.
2. We will clearly indicate the personal information to be handled.
In order to clearly indicate the necessity of collecting personal information and the scope of the information to be collected, and to handle personal information in a careful and responsible manner, we will create a list of the content of operations in which personal information is handled and a list of the items of information to be collected, etc., and will make this publicly available to customers.
3. Personal information will be managed appropriately.
- We will keep accurate and up-to-date personal information.
- In order to prevent leaks, loss, or damage, we will take all necessary protective measures.
- Personal information that is no longer necessary will be deleted or disposed of promptly.
4. We will outsource appropriately.
When outsourcing operations involving the handling of personal information, we will take all necessary protective measures.
5. We will not use or provide information outside of the specified purpose.
- Personal information will not be used or provided for purposes other than the specified operational purpose.
- However, in case of an emergency or other unavoidable circumstance, in order to protect life, body, or property, we may use or provide the information for purposes other than the specified purpose to the extent necessary based on the ordinance.
6. You can request the disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of your personal information.
- Anyone can request the disclosure of their personal information that is held by the Bureau of Transportation.
- If there is a factual error in your disclosed personal information, you can request that the information be corrected upon submission of documents proving that fact.
- If your personal information is being collected, used, or provided in violation of the ordinance, you can request the suspension of the use of that information.
7. Penalties will be imposed on employees, etc.
For employees of the Bureau of Transportation and employees of companies to whom the Bureau of Transportation has outsourced operations, penalties of imprisonment for two years or less, or a fine of not more than 1 million yen, etc. are prescribed for providing personal information held by the metropolitan government that has been processed electronically, or for providing or stealing personal information obtained in connection with such operations for improper purposes.