How to Use
Free Wi-Fi service is available on all trains.
Free Wi-Fi service is also available at almost every station.
Free Wi-Fi service is available on Toei buses.
Free Wi-Fi service on Toei Subway (inside stations / on trains) and on Toei Bus (on buses)
How to connect
- SSID (inside stations and on trains of the Toei Subway) Toei_Subway_Free_Wi-Fi
SSID (inside Tokyo Metro stations) Metro_Free_Wi-Fi)
- SSID (on Toei buses) Toei_Bus_Free_Wi-Fi
Select the "Toei_Subway_Free_Wi-Fi" / "Metro_Free_Wi-Fi" / "Toei_Bus_Free_Wi-Fi" SSID on your laptop or smart device.
Launch your web browser.
There is a choice between two connection methods.
(1) Follow the instructions on the screen (you will be required to register your email address), and you will be connected to the internet.
(2) Log in with a designated account to complete the registration, and you will be connected to Wi-Fi.
Available SNSs : Twitter, Facebook, Google＋, Weibo, Yahoo! Japan ID, and d ACCOUNT.
You will be able to use the internet for up to 3 hours each time you log in.
Stations where free Wi-Fi service is available
Available in all Tokyo Metro stations (Ginza Line/Marunouchi Line/Hibiya Line/Tozai Line/Chiyoda Line/Yurakucho Line/Hanzomon Line/Namboku Line/Fukutoshin Line).
* Except Kita-senju Station of Hibiya Line (H21), Wakoshi Station of Yurakucho Line (Y01), Meguro Station of Namboku Line( N01), and Shibuya Station of Fukutoshin Line (F16).
Available in the following stations of Toei Subway (Asakusa Line / Mita Line / Shinjuku Line / Oedo Line) :
- Asakusa Line (8 stations):
Daimon (A09), Shimbashi (A10), Higashi-Ginza(A11), Nihonbashi (A13), Ningyocho (A14), Higashi-Nihonbashi (A15), Asakusa (A18), and Asakusabashi (A16)
- Mita Line (5 stations):
Hibiya (I08), Otemachi (I09), Jimbocho (I10), Kasuga (I12), and Sugamo (I15)
- Shinjuku Line (6 stations):
Shinjuku-Sanchome (S02), Ichigaya (S04), Kudanshita (S05), Jimbocho (S06), Iwamotocho (S08), and Bakuro-Yokoyama (S09)
- Oedo Line (16 stations):
Shinjuku (E27), Tochomae[Tokyo Metropolitan Government] (E28), Shinjuku-Nishiguchi (E01), Higashi-Shinjuku (E02), Iidabashi (E06), Kasuga (E07), Ueno-Okachimachi (E09), Kiyosumi-Shirakawa (E14), Monzen-Nakacho (E15), Tsukishima(E16), Tsukijishijo (E18), Shiodome (E19), Daimon (E20), Azabu-Juban (E22), Roppongi (E23), and Aoyama-Itchome (E24)
* This sticker is posted in stations where free Wi-Fi service is available.
(The sticker may not be posted depending on the time of year and the station.)
* This sticker is posted on subway trains where free Wi-Fi service is available.
* This sticker is posted on buses where free Wi-Fi service is available.
Travel Japan Wi-Fi (inside subway stations / on trains)
How to connect
If you download "TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi", a free Wi-Fi connection app for visitors to Japan from overseas, on your Android or iOS devices, you can connect to free Wi-Fi through this app.
- SSID (inside stations) UQ_Wi-Fi
- SSID (on subway trains) Wi2
TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi app automatically provides information on nearby Wi-Fi spots with other helpful information. There is no usage time limit.
To download the app → TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi
* Stations where TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi app service is available
A total of 101 stations managed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government's Bureau of Transportation
* This poster is shown in subway stations where TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi app service is available.
(The poster may not be seen depending on the time of year and the station.)
* This sticker is shown on subway trains where TRAVEL JAPAN Wi-Fi app service is available.